Earth Resource Technology, Inc. (ERT) – Electrical Safety Specialist
Electrical Safety Specialist – Mountain View, CA
Will support the NASA Ames Research Center occupational safety program by providing electrical safety program development, implementation, coordination, and training. Duties will include:
- Define electrical safety program elements to reduce risks related to high voltage systems in research facilities
- Conduct audits of hazardous operating procedures involving routine electrical tasks.
- Perform follow-up on audit findings related to electrical safety and hazardous energy control program to evaluate progress
- Review engineering designs for new facilities or facility modifications to confirm compliance with applicable design requirements for electrical system components
- Review and verify hazard analyses including calculations of potential energy release supporting arc flash labels
- Support mishap investigations involving electrical systems; review mishap data to identify trends and systemic root causes and communicate lessons learned
- Prepare monthly electrical safety awareness communications for various audiences (employees, supervisors, equipment design engineers, construction workers)
- Prepare presentations to senior management officials on the status of the electrical safety program
- Identify training needs and present training on hazard recognition and control of electrical hazards for supervisors and employees.
5+ years of experience in electrical safety requirements and compliance including working experience with:
- NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace
- Applicable OSHA regulations (Federal OSHA Subpart S, Cal/OSHA Electrical Safety Orders)
- Electrical safety requirements in pertinent model codes (California Electrical Code, California Fire Code).
Experience in applying system safety principles, practices, and analyses as related to facilities installations and construction of new facilities. Working experience with all requirements for hazardous energy control (electrical lockout, control of hazardous energy – LOTO) including training, inspection, evaluating procedures, and evaluating overall program effectiveness in accordance with the pertinent sections of Federal OSHA (Subpart S, 1910.147) and Cal/OSHA (Electrical Safety Orders, Title 8-Section 3314). Experience with NASA safety standards, procedures and requirements, preferred. Must be either a registered professional engineer (PE) or certified safety professional (CSP).
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BS in electrical engineering, industrial technology, safety management, related discipline, or equivalent.
Submit resume to ERT’s Career Opportunities Web Page at: http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk04/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=ERT&cws=1
Earth Resources Technology, Inc. (ERT)
ERT is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer – All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.