ERM – Health & Safety Senior Consultant
ERM is seeking a Health & Safety Senior Consultant, with significant consulting experience and private-sector client relationships in the San Francisco Bay Area. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of Occupational Health and Safety (H&S) technical capability and deep understanding of California regulations, as well as business processes to help our clients proactively address their EHS risks and challenges.
- Develop and manage innovative, behavior and performance outcome-focused approaches and programs for a variety of clients with complex technical/ regulatory issues.
- Design and implement corporate H&S strategies and programs for behavior-based safety, compliance auditing, safety management systems, process safety and risk management, high-impact training, and general compliance support.
- Conduct training, field coaching, and assessment for safety performance improvement projects.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Program/Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Provide on-site compliance support at client facilities.
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project teams and mentor junior staff.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- BS/MS in safety, occupational health, engineering, or related science degree.
- 7+ years relevant experience in working with significant industrial clients on regulatory compliance and sustainable H&S compliance programs, with emphasis on the manufacturing, power, and hi-tech sectors.
- Certification in field; CSP, CIH, PE, or similar registration highly desirable. Current DOT screening.
- Be passionate about EHS performance improvement and have substantial experience with practical implementation of the following H&S topics:
- Hazard Recognition
- NFPA 70E
- Special Industries
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees to promote a culture of safety.
- Solid understanding of the relevant local, state and federal regulations and how they apply to heavy industry and manufacturing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the local marketplace.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter to Tara.Antommarchi@erm.com or apply directly at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ERMGINC&cws=1&rid=11165. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.