Earth Resource Technology, Inc. (ERT) – Electrical Safety Specialist
Posted: May 31, 2017
Electrical Safety Specialist – Mountain View, CA
Will support the NASA Ames Research Center occupational safety program by providing electrical safety program development, implementation, coordination, and training. Duties will include:
- Define electrical safety program elements to reduce risks related to high voltage systems in research facilities
- Conduct audits of hazardous operating procedures involving routine electrical tasks.
- Perform follow-up on audit findings related to electrical safety and hazardous energy control program to evaluate progress
- Review engineering designs for new facilities or facility modifications to confirm compliance with applicable design requirements for electrical system components
- Review and verify hazard analyses including calculations of potential energy release supporting arc flash labels
- Support mishap investigations involving electrical systems; review mishap data to identify trends and systemic root causes and communicate lessons learned
- Prepare monthly electrical safety awareness communications for various audiences (employees, supervisors, equipment design engineers, construction workers)
- Prepare presentations to senior management officials on the status of the electrical safety program
- Identify training needs and present training on hazard recognition and control of electrical hazards for supervisors and employees.