Safety Coordinator Position in Hayward
A large and growing lightweight concrete contractor is seeking an experienced SafetyCoordinator for the safety program in Hayward CA. You will responsible for managing multiple facets of construction, providing safety training skills, extensive knowledge of OSHAConstruction standards, OSHA 500 and the ability to educate/ motivate employees and managers to work safely.
- Must have effective people skills, excellent communication skills, considerable problem-solving skills, and high level functional knowledge.
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to think critically with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills; must have experience in Microsoft Office and ability to accessOSHA information via the internet.
- Able to perform job site inspections and resolve safety issues that arise.
- Work with project personnel in a professional and mature manner in order to maintain the integrity of the company and relationships formed therein.
- Perform all functions and responsibilities in partnership with the company's culture,corporate vision, ethics and code of conduct.
- Sound knowledge of business operating processes and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations & recommend corrective measures is essential.
- Confidence to assert unpopular but essential recommendations. Ability to train others (individual and groups).
- Ability to converse fluently in English and Spanish, both verbal and written.
Education, Training and Experience
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the job.
- Must be aware of current and new federal, state and local safety laws to ensure the organization complies with all.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the safety and health profession.
- Willingness and ability to perform work under minimal supervision.
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction safety field. Has Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST) certification or equivalent.
- Certified First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor, OSHA 30 (Construction) certifications
- OSHA 500 certification, preferred.
- Current driver’s license with a good record required.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties/Responsibilities
- Ability to motivate employees to follow safe work practices through persuasive skills.
- Must have the ability to walk large jobsites, climb ladders and stairways, lift and carry equipment.
- Ensure that federal, state, and local laws, as well as client regulations, rules, and codes are observed.
- Assists in gathering and reporting information for record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Takes direction well, but acts when needed without direction.
- Assists in implementing drug free workplace policy and procedures.
- Inspects and audits company jobsites and facilities, and recommends corrective action or additional precautions to ensure compliance.
- Ability to identify hazards, preventive measures, and update Job Hazard AnalysesReports.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed, and that thorough Accident Investigations are completed as needed. Assists Foremen andSuperintendents in developing and implementing corrective measures to prevent futureincidents.
- Responds to emergency situations and participates in incident investigations with flexibility in work hours.
- Conducts Safety Briefings during site visits. Assist in the completion of Pre-Qualification Reports that regard safety qualifications for new contracts.
- Ability to work well with Company insurance broker and insurance company regarding accidents and their proper management.
- Ability to cope with job related stress including but not limited to deadlines, customer,supervisory and staff interactions, multi-tasking and high work volumes is required.
- The above list is not all inclusive: Other duties as required.
- Traveling is required to different job sites on a day to day basis.
Please send your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org